Sunday, January 3, 2010

ADD and Me: The Beginning

Hello! Nice to see you.

Welcome to the first post in my blog. The reason I have created this blog is because about two-and-a-half years ago I decided to start writing a book chronicling my life and specifically my battle with ADD and all the things that came and went with it.

Right around the time I began writing, many books started coming out on the same issue and being in the writing/editing industry it is hard to justify why one book would sell above all others. So while I am still researching and writing I decided to start this as a intermediary to gain thoughts and opinions.

To give a little background I decided to write the book as a memoir. This is not because I believe that my life is any more important than anyone else's or that I have been through things no-one else has, rather it is because I have found that when speaking about ADD, every person has a different story and the best way to explain is to start from the beginning.
You never know when one seemingly innocuous comment will relate and help someone.

Therefore while many of my posts will directly be pages from the book (currently titled "Hell Driven Pigments and Candy Apples: Life, Love and ADD), other entries will simply be a diary of sorts.
The more I write the more you will find that there will be some off-the-wall crazy comments and ideas that can be understood by very few, however, there will also be times that you may find yourself scratching your head amazed at how it can relate to your own life.
SO! With that being said welcome. It will be a crazy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment